History of Raiffeisenbank Velden am Wörthersee

In 1912, Raiffeisenbank Velden am Wörthersee was founded in Lind ob Velden as "Spar- und Darlehenskasse für die Ortsgemeinde Lind ob Velden und Wernberg registrierte Genossenschaft mit unbeschränkter Haftung", a savings and loan association for the communities of Lind ob Velden and Wernberg, a registered cooperative with limited liability.
 
The object of the Lind association as entered in the cooperative register was "Granting of loans to members and cooperatives and collection of savings deposits in order to improve its members' moral and material situations and to promote the formation of commercial and business cooperatives in the region covered by the association."
 
A bank office was set up in Hoffer Inn. It was open every Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. In October 1945, the office moved to Ulbing Inn and in September 1949, the bank was given an office in the town hall. Bank opening hours were upped to two days a week (Wednesday and Sunday) and later to every day. Having opening hours every day of the week was a prerequisite for obtaining approval for foreign exchange and notes/coins business.
 
At the general meeting held on April 8, 1951, a decision was made to change the name of the savings and loan association to "Raiffeisenkasse Lind ob Velden reg.Gen.m.b.H."
 

Historical Events ...

In 1964 ...

... the bank moved from Lind to Velden am Wörthersee after Lind was merged with Velden. In the general meetings, amendments to the articles of incorporation had to be approved, an application had to be submitted for approval as an exchange office, and the Commercial Register had to be informed of the change of address. A decision was also made to change the name to Raiffeisenkasse Velden reg. Gen.m.b.H.

For the move to Velden, a new bank building was built in the city center.

In 1970 ...

... the bank expanded its geographical area for the first time. Raiffeisenkasse Velden was merged with Raiffeisenkasse Schiefling am See and a decision was made to change the name to "Raiffeisenkasse Velden und Umgebung reg. Gen.m.b.H."

The new bank building for the Schiefling branch opened in 1989.

In 1981 ...

... the second expansion phase took place. In the general meeting held on September 15, 1981, the merger agreement with "Raiffeisenkasse Rosegg, Kärnten, reg. Gen.m.b.H." was approved. One reason for the merger was to meet the minimum legal requirements of two managing directors, at least one authorized signatory and one internal auditor for each bank (with or without branches). In the same meeting, the name was changed from "Raiffeisenkasse Velden und Umgebung reg. Gen.m.b.H." to "Raiffeisenbank Velden und Umgebung reg. Gen.m.b.H."

In 1983 ...

... an announcement was made at the general meeting that Raiffeisenbank had bought Hotel Kointsch and that the bank would move to this location. The construction plans were presented at the 1984 general meeting. However, in 1985 the plans were rejected by the Building  Authority and the Austrian Federal Monuments Office. It was 1990 before approval was granted based on modified construction plans and the hiring of Alexander Wrann as the architect. The opening in the former Hotel Kointsch was celebrated on June 10, 1991.

In 2007 ...

... a decision was made to build a new advisory center for private banking. Due to differences between the building developer and building authority on the location and design of the building, and due to the 2008 financial and economic crisis, the project was put on hold. An alternative was found and Raiffeisenbank leased a large part of the revitalized Mösslacher villa. In June 2011, the advisory team moved into the carefully restored offices.

In 2011 ...

... the teller area in the Rosegg branch was updated, the self-service area was modernized and air conditioning was installed. During the general meeting in August 2011, all attending members approved the decision to change the name from Raiffeisenbank Velden to "Raiffeisenbank Velden am Wörthersee".
In December, our employees moved into our carefully restored and modernized second floor offices in the main building in Velden.

In 2012 ...

... in February, construction work started on the ground floor of the main building in Velden to create an open teller space with discreet teller desks and a modern self-service area. The exterior and the flat roof were also refurbished. By connecting to the district heating supply, the energy concept was sustainably improved.

On July 7, 2012, the big day finally arrived: Raiffeisenbank Velden am Wörthersee celebrated its 100 year anniversary. The celebration started in Casineum Velden, where Ski World Cup winner Marcel Hirscher gave autographs. Then we presented the newly renovated Villa Kointsch and the revitalized Mösslacher building to our customers.